Thursday, July 7, 2011

iPad Stylus

I am interested in using a pen stylus with the iPad. The link is to an article (one of hundreds) about the various products out there. This one was understandable to me. But I can't verify its accuracy but it is a place to start. Anyone have experience with iPad pens?

3 comments:

  1. There are many stylus solutions for the iPad out there. I've been using the Pogo Sketch pen, and buying it from Amazon (less expensive). all the pens have that spongy tip, making it difficult to precisely place your writing without spreading the size of the display. Will Nowak forwarded information to Andrew and me that Apple has filed two patents for pens that will blow away the competition. One uses heat to create a very accurate line, but you don't actually touch the screen surface (?), and the other allows you to write on any flat surface, and through a USB cable transfers that writing to the iPad/iPhone screen. No estimate on time to market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't used a stylus yet, but I am looking into the Bamboo Stylus because Wacom Bamboo makes other stylus products that are used by professional computer artists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use a stylus and prefer it to trying to use my finger. I got a $15 Targus at Wal-mart and it works wonderfully. It has a soft rubber tip that works well. I would like to do one that has a pen on one end and a stylus on the other but they are more expensive. Would be nice to have that all in one though.
    I find that I get a good line and that it works well in hand-writing programs. I use mine mostly with the Notes Plus app that I bought myself and it works great. I am trying to use that for all of my meeting notes. I also tried Note-taker HD, but it doesn't work quite as well for me.
    I did use the iAnnotatePDF app to try to grader and found that the handwriting recognition was not up to snuff.
    Anyway, I recommend a stylus if you plan to do much with handwriting. Some of the stuff that I read warned off the ones that are foam in favor of the smooth rubber tips.

    ReplyDelete