Over the weekend I used Dropbox and Quickoffice. Dropbox works well. A little confusing at first but easy to handle documents and photos. Quickoffice is ok...Formatting Word docs is very basic. But then I pulled the documet out of Dropbox onto a regular computer and finished the formatting in regular Word. I was a little more frustrated at the Excel type Quickoffice product.
I wrote one section of class reports using Quickoffice and all went well, but Io was typing straight text with minimal formatting. On the iPad, you do have to get used to document-centric work rather than application centric work, meaning that you begin with a document and apply apps to perform different tasks. On a laptop, you begin with the app depending on the type of doc you want to create. So, if I want to email a document to you, I don't use my email app, I access the doc, and then apply the email function.
ReplyDelete