I worked with the iPad over the summer and gave it something of a run in the field and will have more to say on that in the future. However, one thing that I am really enjoying right now with the iPad is the ability to use it to cut back substantially on paper. With a new role that gives me no shortage of meetings to attend, I really enjoy being able to take notes electronically. I have posted on these before but I like/liked Notes Plus as an app for this. It does well on handwriting recognition and gives me a structure for storing the notes that is easy to use. The thing that I found increasingly frustrating, however, is that I cannot bring documents into it to annotate easily. Since I often have minutes or notes that I want to have accessible and then "mark up," the way I would with paper, I find myself using this less and less frequently. I have tried NoteTaker HD and it works pretty well, though the format for organizing files is awkward. It does work well with Dropbox, though. Lately, I've been working with Noterize. I don't like the interface quite as much but it allows me to bring pdf's in easily an annotate them. I can then use Dropbox to work with them easily.
I do still miss having files on the machine, though. I guess I'm just not quite cloud ready. Actually, it is more that the wireless, including in my house, is spotty and there are times that I can't get things.
No comments:
Post a Comment